ICP Building Solutions Group (ICP BSG) announced the launch of HandiFoam E84 Low GWP, a new, improved performance formulation of the spray foam insulation solution trusted by professionals everywhere.
Available for purchase in 2021, the non-flammable formulation will be fully compliant for use throughout North America, where Canada and several U.S. states will implement regulations phasing out high global warming potential (GWP) blowing agents in low-pressure polyurethane spray foams beginning Jan. 1.
“At ICP Building Solutions Group, innovation and sustainability are a part of our everyday business,” said Tim Kenworthy, VP, insulation, ICP BSG. “We took these impending regulations as an opportunity to improve our polyurethane foam product line, and to help our customers stay ahead of the curve. The new HandiFoam formulation is not only fully compliant but delivers a range of new benefits we believe can help them sharpen their competitive edge.”
- Simplified inventory: By satisfying low-GWP requirements in Canada and certain U.S. states, HandiFoam 84 can help professionals simplify their inventory with a single product formula that can be sold and used anywhere;
- Stronger adhesion: HandiFoam E84 Low GWP achieves 30% greater adhesion compared with the current formulation, offering stronger, more reliable performance;
- Easier curing indication: After application, HandiFoam E84’s color shifts from white to yellow as an indicator of a proper curing profile;
- Excellent fire rating: HandiFoam E84 Low GWP achieves a 2.5-inch Class 1 fire rating, providing greater application opportunities in certain climate zones. Traditional low-pressure spray foams achieve Class 1 fire rating at 2 inches or less;
- Ergonomic improvements: 105/205-sized kits feature a redesigned ergonomic handle, while 605 kits feature a new box design for easier maneuverability;
- Spray pattern versatility: Our flagship ColorWise nozzle technology has improved for greater versatility based on user preference. The nozzle can now be converted from a fan spray to a cone spray by simply snapping off the tip. This patented technology can help a contractor stay efficient.
“We’ve heard nothing but positive reports from contractors who have trialed this new product’s use, so we’re excited for our professional customers everywhere to get their hands on it,” said Kenworthy. “At ICP BSG, we take our position as an industry leader seriously, and we’re committed to delivering practical, high-performance products that can help our customers be leaders, too. HandiFoam E84 Low GWP is a part of that commitment.”
HandiFoam E84 Low GWP, like all ICP BSG solutions, is backed by MasterWorks, an exclusive program that offers customers access to expert training, special promotions, and a variety of unique growth tools.
This post appeared first on Coatings World.