Designed by Incat Crowther, the ShadowCAT Haven is described a “protective layer” to the owner’s mothership, a new COVID-19 inspired shadow vessel concept.
By acting as a buffer between the main yacht and outside world, Haven allows owners and charterers to maintain COVID-secure social bubbles on board.
- The yacht will act as a COVID-19 testing facility and quarantine space before allowing guests and crew to proceed onto the mothership.
- It will feature a hospital and laboratory, allowing the monitoring of all crew on board Haven and the mothership.
- The shadow vessel will be equipped with all the latest COVID 19 testing equipment, as well as strategically located thermal cameras to pick up any signs of infection.
- Air conditioning and circulation systems will be combined with “nanotechnological surfaces” that destroy viruses and bacteria.
- All stores and transfers will be handled entirely by Haven.
The multihull design of the yacht allows Haven to operate in two zones contained in the separate hulls. Shore zone will deal with any potential risk of infection, such as new guests, crew or stores. The yacht side meanwhile will remain tested and clean.
Elsewhere, Haven will boast all the expected facilities of a capable support vessel, including storage for Jet Skis, tenders, a submarine, diving center and decompression chamber. A helicopter landing page and fueling area are also found on board, as well as the option to add a dedicated hangar.
Other innovations include hydroponic gardens, research labs and offices for security and aviation staff.
SPECIFICATIONS – 68m SHADOW CAT
Length Overall: 223’ 10” / 68.2m
Length Waterline: 215’ 7” / 65.7m
Beam Overall: 50’ 11” / 15.5m
Draft (prop): 10’ 8” / 3.25m
Depth: 19’ 9” / 6.0m
Construction: Marine grade aluminium
Fuel Oil: 52,834 gallons / 200,000 litres
Fresh Water: 2642 gallons / 10,000 liters
Crew and Staff : 52
Gross Tonnage: 2005 GT
– 1 x 42’ 8” / 13m
– 2 x 39’ 5” / 12m
– 2 x 23’ / 7m
– 6 x Jet Skis
PROPULSION & PERFORMANCE
Speed (Cruise): 12.5 knots
Speed (Max): 21.5 knots
Range @ 12.5 knots: 5,500 nm
Main Engines: 2 x MTU 16V4000 M73L SCR
Power: 2 x 2 832kW @ 2 050 rpm
Propulsion: 2 x Propellers
Generators: 2 x Caterpillar
Class: Lloyd’s Register +100A1 SSC Support Catamaran HSC G6 +LMC Helicopter Landing Area, UMS
This post appeared first on MarineLink News.