Brazilian oil and gas company Enauta has reported that the production was interrupted preventively in the Manati gas field located offshore Brazil.
The production was interrupted on 27 September due to small gas leakage in the inland pipeline between the compression station and the gas treatment station, Enauta said on Tuesday.
According to Enauta, the operator is assessing the causes of this incident and the resumption will be estimated.
Enauta Energia S.A., a wholly-owned subsidiary of the company, holds a 45 per cent working interest in the Manati field, located in Camamu basin, Bahia coastline.
Petrobras, as the operator, started the opportunity disclosure stage (teaser), referring to the sale of its entire 35 per cent stake in the Manati field, in early May 2020.
Later on, in August 2020, Enauta also announced an agreement to sell its entire 45 per cent interest in the Manati field to Gas Bridge with an effective date of 31 December 2020. For the sale of its stake in the asset, Enauta will be entitled to an amount of R$560 million (about $105 million), which may be increased depending upon certain regulatory and commercial events and conditions.
The transaction is subject to a series of conditions precedent, and all actions required for the conclusion of the agreement will be completed by 31 December 2021.
In November 2020, PetroRio also agreed to sell its 10 per cent interest in the Manati field to Gas Bridge for a total transaction value of R$144.4 million (about $27 million).
In addition, GeoPark Limited in November 2020 also approved an agreement to sell its 10 per cent non-operated working interest in the Manati gas field to Gas Bridge for about $27 million. The transaction is subject to the acquisition by Gas Bridge of the remaining 90 per cent interest and operatorship of the field. The closing of the transaction is expected in 4Q2021.
The Manati field was discovered in 2000 and the production started in 2007. It is one of the largest non-associated gas producers in Brazil, providing around 30 per cent of the gas demand for the Northeast of the country.
Manati wells are connected by subsea lines to the PMNT-1 platform, a fixed production unit installed at a water depth of 35 m, 10 km offshore. From there, gas flows through a 36 km pipeline to the Compression Plant (SCOMP), where it is compressed and travels another 89 km to the Processing Plant (EVF). In addition to gas, the Manati field also produces condensate.
This post appeared first on Offshore Energy.