Anthony Locicero, Associate editor05.07.21
Sherwin-Williams Aerospace Coatings exterior systems are now qualified by international airplane manufacturer Pilatus Aircraft Ltd.
With a wide variety of topcoat products and systems now approved to the Pilatus PMS0600-52-01 standard, Pilatus gains multiple options for how it can process exterior colors and design schemes on its aircraft.
Sherwin-Williams products that are now qualified for all Pilatus aircraft include:
- Chrome Hazard Free Quick Dry Epoxy Primer CM0483712;
- Chrome Hazard Free Epoxy Primer/Surfacer CM0481968;
- Jet Glo Express 840-Series Colors;
- SKYscapes Next Generation Basecoat Solid Colors;
- SKYscapes Next Generation Basecoat Mica Colors;
- Acry Glo Conventional CM0571-Series Solid Colors;
- Acry Glo Conventional CM0571-Series Metallic Colors;
- SKYscapes Clearcoat CM0850180
“Working closely with Pilatus to meet its stringent processing and control standards, we are excited to provide exterior coating systems that will be an integral part of their high-performing aircraft,” said Pete Willman, Sherwin-Williams global senior director for Aerospace Coatings. “Today’s aviation coatings specifiers and painters rely on Sherwin-Williams to provide quality coating systems and technical support throughout the global aviation marketplace.”
This post appeared first on Coatings World.