Sherwin-Williams Automotive Finishes will address quality first with its comprehensive suite of intelligent and fully-mobile applications – Collision Core.
Collision Core Quality, available to collision centers as a single app purchase, verifies and validates the repair process in real-time with a focus on error elimination and labor optimization.
“Quality is the foundation of a stable, sustainable and successful business,” said Louisa Martone, strategic marketing director, Sherwin-Williams Automotive Finishes. “It is an area that the collision repair industry collectively needs to address. With this specific application, we’re focused solely on quality with a digital solution that is accessible to everyone involved in the repair and reporting process.”
The Sherwin-Williams Collision Core Quality App replaces paper checklists and end-of-repair quality controls with an easy-to-use mobile application that delivers in-process, time-stamped and validated information. The application enables peer-to-peer quality verification and validation assurance and delivers the customer a digital record of all of the vehicle’s repairs.
“Technicians don’t have to leave their workstation to get an answer,” said Martone.
With in-process documentation, the technician records a task in the Quality App, and the next technician in line verifies the repair work meets shop and OE criteria.
Repairs are recorded and photographed to capture data, create training opportunities and allow for a better repair standard now and in the future.
With the Collision Core Quality App, there are no delays in communication and reporting, or any last-minute surprises, which improves repair confidence and on-time delivery; its intuitive navigation enables early adoption and continued use within the team.
Feature-rich, this multi-faceted App also delivers consistent, measurable outcomes in the form of:
- Less reworks by identifying any errors at the source;
- Increase productivity by communicating and highlighting issues with parts or quality directly with other departments;
- Improve cycle time by addressing issues at the root cause and identifying the most common failure types using data-rich reporting tools;
- Increase the number of quality inspectors without increasing your headcount by enabling the team to validate quality at each step of the repair process.
Increased Customer Satisfaction
- Deliver high-quality repairs the first time — every time.
- No more last-minute surprises at delivery or delays — addressing issues long before the customer is aware.
- Automatically produce a certificate to validate repair quality, giving the customer reassurance.
- Import line items directly from your estimating system;
- Customizable SOPs outline every step in the repair process along with a well-defined set of individual and departmental responsibilities;
- Evidence, verify, photograph and store each repair report to protect against future claims.
Increased Employee Engagement and Satisfaction
- Employees know exactly what is expected of them;
- Increase efficiencies by reducing time spent sourcing help from other departments and carrying out any unpaid reworks;
- Reassurance that technicians carry out the repair to specification.
- Link to Collision Core Learning — a comprehensive management system for additional training requirements.
Collision Core Quality offers the added connectivity to estimating and management systems.
“We’re focused on helping any collision center, regardless of who they’re buying paint from, prevent the continued occurrence and added expenditure associated with quality failures,” said Martone.
This post appeared first on Coatings World.