The Waterborne Symposium seeks submissions from academia, government and industry presenting novel research results in all aspects of coatings. The 49th Annual International Waterborne, High-solids and Powder Coatings Symposium is a five-day event bringing together coatings formulators, chemists, managers, business owners, industry suppliers, students, and educators to network and learn about the latest research and technology in the field of paint and coatings.
Waterborne offers educational and technical presentations to create a profound understanding of the theory, science, manufacturing, and the marketing of coatings to highlight the improvement of coatings performance and functionality beyond traditional expectations.
2022 Speaker’s Format
Speakers will be presenting on Feb. 23, 24 and 25, 2022. The Waterborne Symposium Technical Committee will be responsible for coordinating all speakers and the agenda. The technical committee will send abstract acceptance letters by Nov. 1, 2021. The goal is to further the advancement of coatings technology through these speaker platforms.
The criteria for the presentations are listed below:
• Required: The symposium requires a written paper, a presentation, a speaker biography, and picture.
• Presentations: Please email presentations for accepted abstracts to email@example.com on or before February 9th, 2022. Presentations can also be mailed via CD or USB to: Melanie Bryan, 118 College Dr., Box 5050, Hattiesburg, MS 39406. All presentations must be in 16:9 ratio and PowerPoint format (no PDFs). The symposium does not distribute the presentations, only the written papers.
• Content: The Waterborne Symposium Committee will be reviewing the abstracts based on their technical content and contribution. All presentations must be original (first time presented) and non-commercial. Presenters are selected based on the submitted abstracts. All speakers must submit an original paper for publication in the annual proceedings book. Presentations must be original and should represent recent advancements in coatings science or related disciplines. Company logos on presentation slides are acceptable; however, commercial presentations or those containing multiple trade name references will be rejected.
• Time: Presentations should be no less than 20 minutes and no longer than 30 minutes.
The symposium invites papers pertaining to new and emerging technologies related to materials, processes, production, characterization, application, and markets in the field of surface coatings. Suggested topics include (but are not limited to):
• Novel Waterborne Materials
• High Solids
• New Technologies
• Nano (structure or technology)
• Architectural Coatings
• Protective Coatings
• Renewable/Bio-based Coatings
• Corrosion and Adhesion
• Functional Coatings
• High Throughput
• Wood Coatings
• Powder Coatings Advancements
• General Session – all other coatings related topics.
The Watreborne Symposium thanks everyone for their valued support of students, staff, faculty, and programs at the School of Polymer Science and Engineering at The University of Southern Mississippi.
For more information or submission instructions, please visit www.waterbornesymposium.com.
This post appeared first on Coatings World.